Monday, August 6, 2018

Transform


My eyes set on the over head fan that moves humming a tune
the light from the afternoon sun scattered all over the room
the haunting tick of the clock
the ever staying smell of the cigarettes that are no more in stock
the lifelessness in the atmosphere slowly breathes life into the dormant memories of the past
gets me to think somethings are just too good to last
the daylight fades behind those comforting clouds
so do those feelings that make me wanna burst my lungs and shout
suddenly the monotony in the air disappears
suddenly i am not afraid to face these mortal fears
i get up from bed
like superman is just back from the dead
the regret in my walk
the nostalgia in my talk
replaced by triumph and pride
i got this angel on my shoulder to put out this hellfire growing on the inside
time to ditch the sadness lurking within
time to transform things,time to reverse the spin
so shoot me down in cold blood if you like
but hand me a shot of tequila for all the things i did not do right
its finally time i let these shadows out of the dark

its finally time i let go of those names we etched together on that bark


1 comment: